Saturday, July 30, 2016

School, beginnings, and some floating books

This week we started school up again. As I'm going into my senior and final year of high-school and my first year of college (dual credit course offered through our community college here), I needed a deep clean on my desk. It was a bit therapeutic, actually. ;)

I went through and tossed out a LOT of papers I didn't need anymore, got rid of old schoolbooks, and basically de-cluttered all my desk's little nooks and crannies.

My desk, ft. J the bamboo plant


The second goal was to put up some bookshelves. For the last several months I've just been stacking books and notebooks on the floor next to my desk simply because I'd ran out of room, but I thought I'd need the floorspace, so ... bookshelves. I've been asking my dad to put up bookshelves for a while but he's super busy (all with good things so I've never really minded) so I decided to take matters into my own two capable (haaahaha) hands.
   I found a nifty tutorial on how to create floating bookshelves without damaging the books (I want to be able to still read them!) right here. It took two attempts (the first time I got the wrong sized brackets--too small :P) but I now have two floating bookshelves!



And as an added bonus most of my office-school stuff right now is blue. :D Not super important but the matchi-ness makes my inner OCD happy. ;)


Note the blue tape dispenser and also all the space on the floor next to my guitar XD

That's all for now! I may try to post more but... school. ;)

Cheerio!
-SG

No comments:

Post a Comment